Emergency repairs - 01325 405333
The emergency repair telephone number is 01325 405333 - this service deals with the most urgent of repairs that have the potential to put people’s lives and property at serious risk.
Dealt with within 24 hours. the emergency team will usually carry out a temporary repair to make the situation safe. A permanent repair will generally be carried out as soon as possible afterwards.
If you report an emergency repair, you must stay in your home until the contractor arrives, if it is safe to do so. Please only use this emergency service for genuine cases. This is a make-safe service and a full repair may need to be undertaken later. Items that will be made safe include:
- burst Pipes
- cylinders, tanks or WC cistern leaking badly
- frozen pipes
- no cold water
- central heating out of order and NO OTHER form of heating
- no power
- cooker control out of order or dangerous wiring, please check your fuses first before you call
- secure empty property
- gain entry for police/housing employees in emergency
- make safe dangerous structures
- loose tiles on roof
Elderly or disabled
- for tenants and their partners aged 60 or over or those in receipt of the higher or middle rate of disability living allowance, higher rate of mobility allowance, other repairs will be accepted as emergencies where there is no able-bodied adult living in the property. They are:
- clearance of blocked sinks
- boarding up broken windows
- replacement of pull cords to lights
Severe raining-in will be dealt with as an emergency repair. In most instances we will take action to make the situation safe and minimise further damage, prior to repairs being carried out.
Other repairs will be responded to within 20 calendar days or registered on the planned maintenance register to inform future planned programmes.
These repairs will not be appointed because this work is frequently subject to bad weather, which prevents access to the roof.
Gas safety advice
If you smell gas/fumes you should immediately telephone National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111999 (this is an out of hours emergency line). Minicom/Textphone for deaf or hard of hearing 0800 371787. They will deal with any report of a gas escape, free of charge.
Report any further work advised by the National Gas Emergency Service to us on 01325 405333
- if possible turn off gas supply at the meter
- DO NOT turn the meter back on until the escape has been repaired
- turn off all gas appliances. DO NOT use until advised to do so by an engineer
- open all windows and doors to ventilate the property
- DO NOT use any electrical appliances or switch on or off any switches
- extinguish all naked flames