Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent by Darlington Borough Council - Mutual exchange

Mutual exchange

What is a mutual exchange?

A mutual exchange is where a tenant swaps their current home. This can be with another council tenant or housing association tenant.

Who can apply?

  • secure Tenants of Darlington Borough Council can apply for a mutual exchange.
  • please register using Compass.
  • you can contact your Tenancy Management Officer to swap homes. This is if you have already found someone you want to swap with, and they have agreed to swap.
  • there are several websites you can register with to help you find an exchange. A Google search will show you a selection of results which can help you find someone to swap with.
  • mutual exchange is also available for tenants of other Compass partner landlords. They can register on Compass[external link].
  • Once your application is active you will be able to search for suitable matches.

The Compass Logo