The emergency repair telephone number is 01325 405333. This service deals with the most urgent repairs. These are repairs that have the potential to put people’s lives and property at serious risk and include:
- gas leaks
- total electrical failure
- total heating failure
- burst pipes
- unsecured property
- roofing repairs.
The emergency team will usually carry out a temporary repair within 24 hours to make the situation safe and will carry out a permanent repair as soon as possible afterwards.
If you report an emergency repair, you must stay in your home until the contractor arrives, if it is safe to do so. Please only use this emergency service for genuine cases.
For more information on emergency repairs please refer to our emergency repairs handbook
Gas safety advice
If you smell gas/fumes you should immediately call National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111999 (this is an out of hours emergency line). Minicom/Textphone for deaf or hard of hearing 0800 371787. They will deal with any report of a gas escape, free of charge. If they tell you more work is needed let us know by calling 01325 405333.
- If possible turn off gas supply at the meter
- DO NOT turn the meter back on until the escape has been repaired
- Turn off all gas appliances. DO NOT use until advised to do so by an engineer
- Open all windows and doors to ventilate the property
- DO NOT use any electrical appliances or switch on or off any switches
- Extinguish all naked flames.