Do Your Bit
We are asking customers to:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Use the sanitiser provided
- If using equipment please clean before and after use
- We recommend customers wear face masks when moving around the building
- We regularly clean and sanitise our facilities throughout the day and end each day with a deep clean.
- There will be cleaning stations available for customers to use in each business area.
- NHS track and trace posters available around the building for you to check in should you wish.
Have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Key information for Monday 19th July
- Customers no longer need to pre-book to attend the gym. The only exception to this is paying customers that would like to attend 6.30am-730am or after 7.30pm due to reception being closed. We recommend you do this online with your Dolphin Centre Card or alternatively in person or over the phone with reception during reception opening hours.
- The turnstile will return so please remember your card.
- We ask customers where possible to come gym ready
- Customers using the gym will enter and exit the building via the main doors.
- Changing rooms and showers will be open. We will be regularly cleaning the changing areas but have also provided some blue roll and spray for customers to choose to use. Please do your bit and wash your hands and sanitise regular and wipe down areas that you have used.
- Monday – Friday 6.30am – 9.00pm
- Saturday – Sunday 8.00am – 7.00pm
All customers using the Gym for the first time are required to have an induction with a member of the gym team. This will take around an hour and involves the completion of a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) [pdf document] which can be done in advance.
Induction money back guarantee
After having your induction, we will give you a voucher so you can claim back your induction fee if you take a Fit 4 Life Membership out within 14 days.
Become a member
Please visit our membership page for more information.
Junior Gym Access policy (11-13 years)
- Induction is booked.
- Inductions can be completed at any time however, an adult should be present at all times either using the gym or in the waiting area.
- On completion of the induction, the junior is permitted to access the gym at any time, however an adult who has also been inducted must be present.
- Where a junior wishes to attend the gym unaccompanied, they will only be permitted access within the junior (JEAP) gym sessions on a Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.
- The current access price for juniors is £4.00, exceptional only to the junior (JEAP) sessions where a concessional rate of £3.15 is offered.
- These sessions are designed to give instruction, training tips, advice and circuit based learning to the participants, the instructors will now focus much more on this element.
Junior Gym Session
Phone bookings only
Call 01325 406000 to book
- Saturday: 08:00 - 09:00
- Sunday: 14:00 - 15:00
Session must be booked and paid for in advance.
All juniors will be required to complete a full induction prior to attending the junior gym sessions.
Technogym, The Wellness Company, has rapidly grown to become the No. 1 fitness equipment manufacturer in the UK and Europe. Over 20 Million people train on Technogym equipment every day in 50,000 health settings throughout the world. The Dolphin Centre Gym features a number of equipment ranges to support an excellent workout for customers.
For more details on our equipment please visit the Technogym website [external link]
Technogym Wellness Keys
Purchase a Wellness key which provides easy access to challenges and programmes and tracks your exercise progress.
The Dolphin Centre App
Download our app on Android or Apple devices to track your exercise, search Dolphin Centre in your app store or google play.
7 Rules to a Great Workout
We want all customers to enjoy their workout. Remember:
- Swipe your card on entering the gym
- Time should be limited to 20 minutes on each machine during busy times
- Clean and replace all equipment after use
- Clothing and footwear should be suitable gym wear
- Mobile phone calls should be taken outside of the gym
- Personal belongings should not be brought into the gym area
- Exercise environments are exactly that. Please don’t hover around equipment
We have introduced a booking system with 1 hour time slots available.
Bookings can be made from 9am, 9 days in advance of activity.
All bookings must be booked and paid for in advanced.
Normal prices apply.