All customers using the Gym for the first time are required to have an induction with a member of the gym team. This will take around an hour and involves the completion of a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) [pdf document] which can be done in advance.
Induction money back guarantee
After having your induction, we will give you a voucher so you can claim back your induction fee if you take a Fit 4 Life Membership out within 14 days.
Become a member
Please visit our membership page for more information.
GP Referral Scheme
Your GP can refer you to our Health Referral Scheme for a number of medical conditions, simply:
- Visit your GP or Practice Nurse and ask about being referred for exercise at the Dolphin Centre.
- They will then complete the necessary confidential paperwork with yourself and email it confidentially to our Health Referral team.
- Our team will then contact you to arrange an appointment for your initial consultation.
- It's a 12-week scheme with regular 1:1's to review your exercise needs.
Try our top of the range Tanita Body Composition Scales at the Dolphin Centre. They are quick and easy to use and give a breakdown of your body’s health and fitness. It analyses your body fat, your muscle mass, bone density, your hydration levels, as well as your BMI (Body Mass Index) and your body’s fitness age.
Energy blast sessions
Monday to Friday 7.30am, 10.00am and 12.30pm.
A 20 minute high intensity exercise session, with an instructor to give guidance and motivation, and help you get the results you are looking for.
Each session can have a maximum of 8 people, with a different focus each day from Strength, Cardio, Legs, Abs and Circuits. Sessions are not pre-bookable, so when you arrive in the gym just put your name down.
Junior gym sessions
This session is a great opportunity for 11 - 14 year olds to workout alongside our qualified instructors in our fun and friendly gym environment.
- Saturday - instructor led session 8.00am - 9.00am (children only session)
Due to popular demand for the junior gym sessions on Saturdays, we recommend you book to secure your place.
- Sunday - Instructor led session 2.00pm - 3.00pm (public session)
- Sunday - Instructor led session 3.00pm - 4.00pm (public session)
Please note: general gym usage will not be permitted until a junior is deemed competent by an instructor and the junior will still need to be accompanied by an adult.
If you have young children you can take advantage of our Soft Play Crèche facilities, which allows you to use the Centre's facilities while your children are supervised by our qualified nursery staff - Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 11.30am.
Technogym, The Wellness Company, has rapidly grown to become the No. 1 fitness equipment manufacturer in the UK and Europe. Over 20 Million people train on Technogym equipment every day in 50,000 health settings throughout the world. The Dolphin Centre Gym features a number of equipment ranges to support an excellent workout for customers.
For more details on our equipment please visit the Technogym website [external link]
Technogym Wellness Keys
Purchase a Wellness key which provides easy access to challenges and programmes and tracks your exercise progress.
The Dolphin Centre App
Download our app on Android or Apple devices to track your exercise, search Dolphin Centre in your app store or google play.
7 Rules to a Great Workout
We want all customers to enjoy their workout. Remember:
- Swipe your card on entering the gym
- Time should be limited to 20 minutes on each machine during busy times
- Clean and replace all equipment after use
- Clothing and footwear should be suitable gym wear
- Mobile phone calls should be taken outside of the gym
- Personal belongings should not be brought into the gym area
- Exercise environments are exactly that. Please don’t hover around equipment