- Monday – Friday 6:30am – 9:00pm
- Saturday – Sunday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Easter Opening Times
- Good Friday - 10:00 - 16:00
- Easter Sunday - Closed
- Easter Monday - Closed
All customers using the Gym for the first time are required to have an induction with a member of the gym team. This will take around an hour and involves the completion of a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) [pdf document] which can be done in advance.
Induction money back guarantee
After having your induction, we will give you a voucher so you can claim back your induction fee if you take a Fit 4 Life Membership out within 14 days.
Become a member
Please visit our membership page for more information.
Health Referral Scheme
You can get referred onto our Health Referral Scheme if you have a medical conditions, recently had an operation or would benefit from regular exercise. The Health Referral Scheme gives support to individuals who want to exercise safely but may need guidance throughout their exercise plan. Simply:
- Visit your GP, Consultant, Practice Nurse or Physiotherapist and ask about being referred for exercise at the Dolphin Centre.
- They will then complete the necessary confidential paperwork with yourself and email it confidentially to our Health Referral team.
- Our team will then contact you to arrange an appointment for your initial consultation.
- It's a 12-week scheme with regular 1:1's to review your exercise needs.
Junior Gym Access policy (11-13 years)
- Induction is booked.
- Inductions can be completed at any time however, an adult should be present at all times either using the gym or in the waiting area.
- On completion of the induction, the junior is permitted to access the gym at any time, however an adult who has also been inducted must be present.
- Where a junior wishes to attend the gym unaccompanied, they will only be permitted access within the junior (JEAP) gym sessions on a Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.
- The current access price for juniors is £4.00, exceptional only to the junior (JEAP) sessions where a concessional rate of £3.15 is offered.
- These sessions are designed to give instruction, training tips, advice and circuit based learning to the participants, the instructors will now focus much more on this element.
Junior Gym Session
Phone bookings only
Call 01325 406000 to book
- Saturday: 08:00 - 09:00
- Sunday: 14:00 - 15:00
Session must be booked and paid for in advance.
Juniors can complete an induction as part of this session but must be booked in advance.
Technogym, The Wellness Company, has rapidly grown to become the No. 1 fitness equipment manufacturer in the UK and Europe. Over 20 Million people train on Technogym equipment every day in 50,000 health settings throughout the world. The Dolphin Centre Gym features a number of equipment ranges to support an excellent workout for customers.
For more details on our equipment please visit the Technogym website [external link]
Technogym Wellness Keys
Purchase a Wellness key which provides easy access to challenges and programmes and tracks your exercise progress.
The Dolphin Centre App
Download our app on Android or Apple devices to track your exercise, search Dolphin Centre in your app store or google play.
7 Rules to a Great Workout
We want all customers to enjoy their workout. Remember:
- Swipe your card on entering the gym
- Time should be limited to 20 minutes on each machine during busy times
- Clean and replace all equipment after use
- Clothing and footwear should be suitable gym wear
- Mobile phone calls should be taken outside of the gym
- Personal belongings should not be brought into the gym area
- Exercise environments are exactly that. Please don’t hover around equipment
We have introduced a booking system with 1 hour time slots available.
Bookings can be made from 9am, 9 days in advance of activity.
All bookings must be booked and paid for in advanced.
Normal prices apply.