Darlington Piano Society - Hiroaki Takenouchi
- Mozart - Sonata no.9 in D major, K.311
- Schubert - Four Impromptus, D.899
- Schubert arr. Liszt - Auf dem Wasser zu zingen
- Percy Sherwood - Barcarole no.2 in D major, Op 24
- Rachmaninov - Barcarolle in G minor, from 7 Morceaux de salon, Op 10
- Dorothy Howell - Boat Song
- Chopin - Barcarolle in F# major, Op 60
Japanese pianist Hiroaki Takenouchi is a name that is not well known to British audiences. He teaches at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in Glasgow and is a member of the Parnassus Duo with Simon Callaghan. His programme includes works by two relatively unknown English composers, Percy Sherwood and Dorothy Howell.
Under 21's free of charge
Photos credit B. Ealovega and Jean-Baptiste Millot.