Darlington Joint Strategic Needs Assessment 2018
Welcome to the Darlington Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) 2018.
The JSNA must be produced by the Council and its’ partners to inform decision-making for health and wellbeing in the borough. There is a duty to complete a JSNA as part of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 and the Health and Social Care Act 2012. It is the responsibility of the Directors of Public Health, Children’s Services and Adult Social Services to produce, on an annual basis, the JSNA. The Darlington JSNA fulfils all these requirements.
The Sustainable Community Strategy [pdf document] - One Darlington, Perfectly Placed 2008-2026 was revised in May 2014. It details what we need to enable in eight outcomes and what we need to do, to work towards our Vision. The outcomes are:
- More people healthy and independent
- Children with the best start in life
- A safe and caring community
- More people active and involved
- More businesses and more jobs
- More people caring for our environment
- Enough support for people when needed
- A place designed to thrive
To support the eight outcomes, three conditions for Darlington have been identified:
- To build strong communities,
- Grow the economy and,
- Spend every pound wisely.
The JSNA is structured to reflect these outcomes for the borough to which partners have made a commitment. The document contains the most recently available data and information from a wide range of partners and organisations. It is local information to support local decision-making.
The JSNA structure has been developed to enable the user to access information easily. It contains the following Sections and sub sections in which data and information is available and updates will be added.
- Section One: Executive Summary (to be updated)
- Section Two: Strategies, Plans and Profiles - Documents and profiles which provide data and information relating to health and wellbeing in the Borough
- Section Three: The Community - provides information about factors influencing health and wellbeing with specific information about vulnerable groups.
- Autism [pdf document]
- Carers and Young Carers [pdf document]
- CSE and Missing Children [pdf document]
- Disabled People including Disabled Children [pdf document]
- Domestic Abuse [pdf document]
- Gypsy, Roma, Travellers [pdf document]
- Learning Disability and Impairment [pdf document]
- Looked After Children (LAC) [pdf document]
- Special Educational Needs and Disabled Children (SEND) [pdf document]
- Veterans [pdf document]
- Population [pdf document]
- Crime and Community Safety [pdf document]
- Economic Factors [pdf document]
- Housing [pdf document]
- Safeguarding [pdf document]
- Vulnerable Groups:
- Section Four: Behaviour and lifestyle that influence health and wellbeing – provides information about alcohol use, drug and substance misuse, eating habits, sexual health and smoking habits.
- Alcohol [pdf document]
- Drug and Substance Misuse [pdf document]
- Eating Habits [pdf document]
- Sexual Health [pdf document]
- Smoking [pdf document]
- Section Five: Other factors that influence health and wellbeing – provides wider information about adults, children and other subjects influencing people’s health and wellbeing.
- Adults’ Health and Lifestyle - To be updated
- Children’s Health and Lifestyle [pdf document]
- Oral Health and our Plan [pdf document]
- Immunisation [pdf document]
- Maternity [pdf document]
- Section Six: Life Expectancy and Mortality - provides information about life expectancy, mortality rates and the major causes of death in Darlington.
- Life Expectancy, Mortality and Causes of death [pdf document]
- Section Seven: Illness and disease – provides information about illnesses and diseases affecting Darlington’s population.
- Cancers [pdf document]
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) [pdf document]
- Circulatory Disease (Cardio-vascular disease – CVD) [pdf document]
- Dementia [pdf document]
- Diabetes [pdf document]
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) [pdf document]
- Long-term Conditions - To be updated
- Mental Health [pdf document]
- Stroke [pdf document]
- Trauma/Accidents - To be updated
- Tuberculosis [pdf document]
- Section Eight: What do people tell us? [pdf document]– provides information from surveys at national and local level.
- Glossary of Terms [pdf document]
For more information about the JSNA telephone: (01325) 406200