Compulsory purchase orders privacy notice
Who do you keep information about?
We keep information about private individuals and business owners affected by compulsory purchase orders.
Why do you keep information about me?
We keep the information to identify relevant land/property owners. We also use the information to identify individuals with protected characteristics who may be impacted by a Compulsory Purchase Order and mitigate any negative impact.
The UK GDPR conditions we are relying on to process this personal data are:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and
- Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of domestic law which is proportionate to the aim pursued and which contains appropriate safeguards.
The legal gateway is the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 and Equalities Act 2010.
Who can see my information?
Transport & Capital Projects, Estates and Legal Services. Independent specialist Equalities Consultant engaged on the Council’s Standard Terms & Conditions. It may be necessary to share anonymised data with the Planning Inspectorate.
How do you store the information you keep about me?
Information is stored securely on the Council’s network or in a secure UK data centre. Paper copies are scanned to our electronic systems on receipt and disposed of in the confidential waste.
How long do you keep information about me?
Six years from the date the Compulsory Purchase Order is confirmed.
What sort of information do you keep?
We may use the following information about you to make sure that we provide you with the right service, advice or support. We will only use the minimum amount of information necessary to do so and will take every reasonable step to ensure the information is accurate.
- Location data
- One or more factors specific to the physical identity of that natural person.
Special categories of personal data:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Data concerning health
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.