What's happening right now
NOTE: On Friday, 13 March 2020, the UK Government announced that all elections scheduled to be held on Thursday, 7 May 2020, would be suspended for one year due to the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
The Coronavirus Act (c. 7) 2020, which received Royal Assent on 25 March 2020, formally postponed any elections for an Elected Mayor for a Combined Authority from 7 May 2020 to 6 May 2021, and postpones the Police and Crime Commissioner Elections, stating that they be held instead in 2021.
In addition, please note that all public meetings have been cancelled up to Tuesday, 28 April 2020, due to the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Have your say
If you would like to comment on proposals or give us feedback about the services we provide, you can:
- Make a complaint or provide a compliment. You can also make a complaint against a Councillor.
- Let us know what you think on Facebook [external link] and Twitter [external link].
- Comment on a planning application.
- View a list of our current consultations.
- You will see a link that says rate this page on the majority of pages. You can use this form to let us know about the content on a particular page.