In accordance with the Local Authorities (Members' Allowances) (England) Regulations 2003, we are required to appoint an independent panel to advise on an appropriate level for all of the allowances that are paid to Councillors. The Full Council sets the levels of allowances, taking into consideration the recommendations of the Panel.
The most recent Members' Allowances review was undertaken in December 2019 and the Panel's report was considered by Full Council on 30 January 2020. Full Council approved the recommendations of the independent panel, with the exception of the recommended increase in the Basic Allowance to all Members of the Council and it was agreed that the Basic Allowance should remain at £8,188 for 2020/21, and thereafter be subject to any annual indexation that might apply.
- Members' Allowances Scheme [pdf document]
- Members' Allowances for 2019/20 [pdf document]
- Members' Allowances for 2018/19 [pdf document]
- Members' Allowances Review 2019:-
- Council Minutes - 30 January 2020 (Minutes will be available once approved by the next meeting of Full Council)