Celebrating the best of our town centre
This weekend sees the first ever #LoveDarlo town centre awards.
More than 26,000 votes have been cast in the build up to the awards as the public voted for the winner in ten of the twelve award categories with the winner for the remaining two categories decided by a judging panel.
Over 400 guests are due to attend the event which is all about celebrating the best Darlington town centre has to offer.
The event will be compared by BBC TV antiques expert, David Harper at the award winning Darlington Hippodrome.
Aimed at recognising and rewarding businesses in our town centre, the event will celebrate those retailers, bars, restaurants, market traders, cafes and leisure venues and others which play such a vital role in making Darlington a venue of choice for shopping, socialising and having fun.
There 12 award categories are:
- Customer Service Team (Sponsored by Queen Street Shopping Centre)
- Independent & Specialist Retailer (Sponsored by tgi MEDIA)
- National Retailer (Sponsored by the Cornmill Shopping Centre)
- Best Bar (Sponsored by Barker Proudlove)
- Hair, Beauty and Health Retailer (Sponsored by Latimer Hinks)
- Best Café (Sponsored by HC One)
- Best Restaurant (Sponsored by Angel HR)
- Professional / Service Industry (Sponsored by Mercure Kings Head)
- Market Trader (Sponsored by Arriva)
- Leisure and Arts (Sponsored by Darlington Market)
- Shooting Star (Sponsored by DL1)
- Fashion Retailer (Sponsored by Al Forno)
Good luck to all the finalists.