Anyone attending a wedding is required to wear a face covering which you will need to provide yourself.
The exceptions to this are:
- The bride and groom/couple being married
- The registrars
- Children under 11
- Anyone who already has an exemption under government guidelines
We know that is will be a disappointment to many couples but this is a compulsory Government policy.
- You can register a birth at the register office by appointment only
- You can have a marriage or civil partnership but with some restrictions
- You can give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- You can have a citizenship ceremony but with some restrictions
- Death registrations are being held via telephone and the register office will help you through the process
- You can obtain a copy birth, death or marriage certificate by applying online only. You cannot visit the register office to apply in person.
We understand the difficulties and anxieties that you might have at this time. Information about each of our services has been updated to reflect the impact but please do not hesitate to contact us if your question or query cannot be answered from the website.
You can contact us at: