The impact of Coronavirus/Covid-19 on the Registration Service
As at 7th July, 2020.
Following the government’s latest update on the Coronavirus/Covid-19 outbreak the effect on Register Office Services is:
- It is now to possible to register a birth at the register office but by appointment only.
- From 4th July, 2020 it is possible to have a marriage or civil partnership but with some restrictions.
- It is now possible notice of marriage or civil partnership.
- It is still is now possible to have a Citizenship Ceremony but with some restrictions.
- Death Registrations are being held via telephone rather than in person and the register office will help you through the process of registering a death.
- You can obtain a copy birth, death or marriage certificate by applying online only. You cannot visit the register office to apply in person.
The Register Office understands the difficulties and anxieties that you might have at this time of changes and uncertainty resulting from the Coronavirus/Covid-19 outbreak. Information about each of our services has been updated to reflect the impact but please do not hesitate to contact us if your question or query cannot be answered from the website.
You can contact us at: