STUDIO NEW LOCATION AS FROM 23 JANUARY 2017
The Dolphin Centre is always looking to improve customer experience and over the last couple of months we have been focusing on programming and ways we could improve this for customers. This has included looking at:
- Finding suitable homes for our activities within the centre
- Listening to our regular bookings, classes, football and badminton customers on how programming in the main sports hall needs to be suitable to sit alongside other suitable activities
- Encouraging a good customer experience for as many people as possible that keeps customers coming back and keeping healthy
- Encouraging new customers to use the Dolphin Centre through working with partners who bring different services and diversity to our programme
- Enabling further business growth
With this in mind from February 2017, the Studio will become privately hired by our partner Fit lab which will eliminate the ongoing programming clashes within the Sports Hall and Central Hall. We believe that this self-contained hire will improve customer experience for everyone and help sustain a great and diverse offer for customers.
We provide a comprehensive range of classes suitable for all fitness levels, see our Health and Fitness Timetable [PDF] for details.
CUSTOMER NOTICE: Our Tuesday Yoga class will be temporarily cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. For those wanting to continue attending Yoga, we have a class on Thursdays 7.30pm - 9pm.
CUSTOMER NOTICE: Our Gymnastics session on Wednesday 22nd February 4.15pm - 5.15pm is cancelled.
Les Mills Classes at The Dolphin Centre are delivered by trained instructors from local company Fit-Lab [external Link] and include: BodyAttack, BodyBalance, BodyPump, Step, and Zumba.
To book any classes or for more information please contact our Reception on 01325 406000, alternatively please email email@example.com if you would like to know anything further.
If you are serious about keeping fit and healthy why not take out a Fit4Life membership package and start enjoying all the benefits it has to offer.
If you have young children you can take advantage of our Soft Play Crèche facilities, which allow you to use the Centre's facilities while your children are supervised by our qualified nursery staff.
Senior Fitness Programme
Our over 50’s programme is packed with activity to keep everyone active and is suitable for all levels of fitness -even if you haven't exercised before. For further details see our Seniors Programme Page.
Health and Fitness Class Descriptions
- ADULT TRAMPOLINING - A fun and friendly trampoline class for all abilities with coaching from level 2 and 3 qualified trampoline coaches.
- AQUA AEROBICS - A workout to music whilst in the pool performing various moves and exercises to get your heart pumping.
- AQUA NATAL AEROBICS - A midwife led session giving you a range of water based exercises that are suitable during pregnancy.
- BODY TONE - Toning through various dynamic stretches, strength & conditioning movements. The session will target all areas of the body in a fun and effective class.
- BOX 'N' CIRCUITS - Just as intense and challenging as circuits but split with 30 minutes on boxercise and 30 minutes of circuit training. This session will push your body to its limits.
- CHAIR AEROBICS - Low level, chair based, gentle exercises, excellent for those wanting to return to exercise and build up their fitness.
- CIRCUITS - High intensity exercise class providing participants with a full body workout, developing muscular strength, endurance and coordination.
- CLASSICAL DANCING - A gentle dance class that involves classic steps and sequences, no partner required.
- EASYLINE - Uses specially designed equipment that beginners and experienced trainers will find beneficial. It is great for developing muscular tone and benefits the heart and lungs.
- KEEP FIT - A fun, upbeat and friendly aerobics based exercise class, suitable for all fitness levels and abilities.
- MULTI ACTIVITY CLUB - These instructor led sessions include various activities such as Table Tennis, Badminton, Keep Fit, Stretches and Swimming.
- NO STRINGS BADMINTON - Badminton session that targets people aged 14 years and above. Rackets and shuttle cocks are provided.
- PILATES - Focusing on flexibility, strength and relaxation, this exercise class is designed to improve your posture and tone.
- POST NATAL PILATES - A great session to reintroduce yourself to exercise, with a specially adapted Pilates session to suit your needs and requirements.
- SPINNING - Instructor led cycling workout to music. You control your own workout as the instructor guides you through different cycling exercises. All our spinning bikes have computers installed on them, providing continuous access to tempo, heart rate, calories burned, time and distance travelled.
- SPIN 'N' ABS - A 30 minutes ultimate spinning class combined with 15 minutes of effective exercises to flatten, strengthen and tone your tum.
- SUPERVISED SWIM - Our supervised swim session is a great way to build fitness and meet new people.
- SWIMFIT - Swimfit is a circuits based session in water. It's a fast paced workout that challenges the whole body.
- TAI CHI - Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of coordinated body movements focusing on the cultivation of internal energy (Chi). Its aim is to harmonize the mind, body and spirit, promoting mental and physical well-being.
- TEA DANCE - Traditional Ballroom dancing session led by Age UK.
- YOGA - A combination of mind and body exercises designed to relax you and improve your posture.
- Please note the timetable is subject to change
- We recommend customers book to guarantee their place in classes
- Please make your instructor aware of any medical problems
- Comfortable and cool clothing is recommended and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated during exercise