Business and Licensing
Darlington Business Week
18 - 22 September A wide range of business events and activities supporting the full spectrum of business – from sole trader to large businesses
- Business Central Darlington [external link] - Situated in the heart of Darlington, Business Central offers contemporary office space to established and newly started businesses.
- Business rates
- Darlington Business Club [external link] - Networking opportunities and access to support and advice.
- Department for International Trade [external link] - Government department working to increase number of exporters and inward investors to the UK.
- DigitalCity Business [external link] - the business driver for the Tees Valley - fast becoming the UK’s most vibrant digital hub
- Digital Durham [external link] Broadband enhancement programme for Durham and the Tees Valley
- Events strategy and support
- External funding
- Federation of Small Businesses [external link] - representing the self-employed and owners of small businesses
- Five Lamps [external link] - one of the largest community-led social and economic regeneration businesses in the North East
- GOV.UK [external link] - information about starting or running a business
- HM Revenue and Customs [external link] - tax advice for business owners
- North East England Chamber of Commerce [external link] - owned by its members, serving the region's businesses
- Practical support for businesses affected by Carillion liquidation [external link] - Government advice for small businesses concerned about the tax implications of the Carillion liquidation.
- Prince's Trust [external link] - providing practical support to young people to help them move into work, education and training
- Shell Livewire [external link] - advice and support for young people (16-30) who are looking to start their own business
- Tees Valley Combined Authority website [external link]
- TEDCO Business Support [external link] - the lead provider of business start up support in Darlington
- Trading advice standards for Businesses
- UK Steel Enterprise Limited [external link] - a subdivision of Tata Steel whose aim is to help improve the economies of those areas of the United Kingdom affected by changes in the steel industry
- Open to Export [external link] - is a community based business service aimed at helping small and medium sized enterprises with their exporting and international trade needs
- Big Community Switch Darlington Borough Council has joined the Big Community Switch – a Collective Energy Switching scheme powered by iChoosr, which can help you save money on your gas and electricity bills.