Planning and environmental policy
Please note, if you wish to speak to someone about planning permission or a planning application, please call Development Management on 01325 405777
Local Plan Microsite
New Local Plan – Issues and Scoping Consultation
A new 20 year Darlington Local Plan 2016-2036 is being prepared for the whole Borough. Once adopted, it will be the development plan for all matters except minerals and waste. It will replace the existing adopted Darlington Local Development Framework Core Strategy (2011) [pdf document], and saved policies of the Borough of Darlington Local Plan.
The Issues and Scoping Consultation has now ended. Thank you for all of the comments we have received. For more information please visit the New Local Plan 2016-2036 page or our microsite www.darlington.gov.uk/localplan
The Council has launched its new Local Plan Microsite to keep you up to date about what's happening on the progress of the new Darlington Local Plan. As part of this, we are refreshing our consultation database, and this is your opportunity to get involved. If you would like to receive correspondence from us about the new Local Plan you will need to complete this contact form or if you have previously received correspondence from us and would like to continue to do so, you will need to confirm your details, also using the contact form.
Making and Growing Places
Members have now agreed to formally withdraw the draft Making and Growing Places DPD to enable work to start on a comprehensive new Local Plan. For further information, please visit the New Local Plan page
Obtaining copies of planning documents
Paper copies of published documents can be viewed at the Town Hall, Darlington during normal office hours (8:45am - 4:45pm Monday - Thursdays, 8:45am - 4:15pm Fridays).
The following planning documents are available to order:
- The Borough of Darlington Local Plan (adopted 1997, with alterations 2001) is available for purchase in paper format (£18, add £4 if postage is required) or as CD-ROM (£20, postage free). Payment is required with order. Please make cheques payable to Darlington Borough Council.
- The Core Strategy is available in paper format (£15 including p&p).
- The Tees Valley Joint Minerals and Waste Core Strategy DPD is available in paper format (£20 including p&p)
- The Tees Valley Joint Minerals and Waste Policies and Sites DPD is available in paper format (£20 including p&p)
- The Revised Design of New Development SPD is available in paper format (£20 including p&p).
- Green Infrastructure Strategy is available in paper format. The Guide costs £20 including p&p, and the Strategy and the Action Plan cost £12 each including p&p.
- Guidelines for the Introduction of A2 and A3 Uses and Amusement Centres into the Secondary Shopping Frontages of Darlington Town Centre [pdf document] (Adopted 1998 - free of charge)
- Planning Obligations SPD [pdf document] is available in paper format (£12 including p&p).
Contact us at email@example.com or 01325 405777