Bulky Waste Collection
If you have any large items that need disposing of, we offer a bulky waste collection.
- How much does it cost?
- What do you collect?
- When do you collect?
- How do I pay?
- Is there anything you can't collect?
- I've booked, but I want to cancel/amend my order; can I do this?
- Where do I place the items for collection?
- I don't want to pay the charge, what else can I do?
Please take care to lay down or otherwise secure any large heavy objects awaiting collection in order to prevent injuries.
We charge £17.17 to collect up to 6 items (see list below) or 12 black bags of household waste.
If you have other items to collect then please contact 01325 405111 to discuss in more detail. If you have a lot of waste to collect, an assessment may be necessary - this costs £38.85 per 15 minutes.
If you have garden waste that you want us to collect contact customer services on email@example.com or telephone 01325 405111 to arrange collection. It costs £8.53 to collect up to ten bags
We cannot collect stones, soil and concrete with your garden waste collection.
Commercial waste is chargeable at £33.33 (no VAT) per 15 minutes of loading time.
If you represent a charity, please contact us in order to discuss arrangements.
Here is a list of all the items we collect. Each one counts as a single item, and we can collect up to six items as part of each collection.
- Bath panel
- Bed base (any size)
- Bunk bed
- Calor gas heater (casing only)
- Carpet (one roll or one bag of carpet pieces)
- Computer monitor
- Cot mattress
- Door (internal excluding garage)
- Electrical – vacuum cleaner
- Electrical – microwave
- Electrical – video recorder/DVD
- Electrical – music centre
- Electrical – speakers
- Electric Fire
- Fire surround
- Freezer or fridge (please note we don't collect these items from commercial properties)
- Garden equipment – lawnmower
- Garden equipment – fork, hoe, spade
- Garden bench
- Glass – if smashed in a box
- Kitchen cupboard
- Mattress (any size)
- Pet Equipment – rabbit hutch, dog kennel, fish tank
- Piano - Upright - Grand piano would need assessment
- Play equipment – slide - To be dismantled, if attached to concrete will need to be assessed
- Play equipment – swing - To be dismantled, if attached to concrete will need to be assessed
- Play equipment – climbing frame - To be dismantled, if attached to concrete will need to be assessed
- Refuse sacks (up to 12 bags, not garden waste)
- Satellite dish
- Settee (three piece suite counts as three single items)
- Shower cubicle
- Sofa bed
- TV aerial
- Tumble dryer
- Underlay (one roll or one bag of underlay pieces
- Wash hand basin
- Washing machine
- Window or window frame
Collections take place on Tuesdays - Fridays and are allocated on specific days depending on which ward you live in.
Please have items out for collection by 7am on collection day - up to 4:45pm
You must pay in advance, we can't book your collection until we have receipt of payment.
- You can pay over the phone using a credit or debit card (01325 405111)
- You can pay with cash, credit or debit card at the customer services centre
- You can pay by cheque (if paying by cheque please include a covering letter detailing what you want removing, where items will be placed and a contact telephone number) - please send to Customer Services, Town Hall, Feethams, DL1 5QT.
We are unable to take:
- Car parts
- Car batteries
- Fridges/Freezers from commercial properties
- Railway Sleepers
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Cooking Oil
- Gas Bottles
- Oil Drums (full or partially full)
If you need to get rid of any of these items please see I don't want to pay the charge, what else can I do?
Yes, as long as you let us know before 4pm the day before collection.
If you have more items that you want collecting, you may need to pay extra.
Please place them as near to the highway as possible, making sure they are not obstructing anyone else's property. Items must be kept dry.
Unfortunately we are unable to help bring the items outside for collection.
You can dispose of items at the Household Waste Recycling Centre at Whessoe Road. Please visit the Household Waste Recycling Centre page for opening times and to find out what you can dispose of there. For some items you will need to use the 'pay as you throw' service provided by John Wade.
You can also take goods to a scrap yard, but you will need to take them there yourself.
If you are buying new electrical goods (for example, a fridge) you can normally ask the company to take away your old goods on a like-for-like basis.