Investment and funding team
Darlington Investment and Funding Team are responsible for maximising the funding and investment coming into Darlington to assist the delivery of key priorities for the Borough. Through boosting resources available for projects, the team enables the delivery of a wide variety of benefits to both the businesses and the residents of Darlington including boosting economic growth, creating job opportunities and attracting inward investment.
The Investment and Funding Team is here to provide support and guidance of a scope and scale to meet the specific requirements of its clients
- internal departments within the Council
- other public sector organisations
- Darlington’s Community and Voluntary Sector groups and organisations.
Please note: this service does not support individuals.
Businesses looking for funding and investment opportunities can contact the Council’s Business Engagement team directly
We offer a variety of different ways to help you find, secure and retain external funding and investment opportunities through:
- talking through our project ideas to help you identify funding opportunities including conducting project-specific funding searches
- identifying and sourcing links to required supporting information for funding bids such as statistical information and strategic links
- identifying potential funding opportunities including the production of a monthly funding and investment bulletin;
- offering advice and guidance on match funding opportunities
- assisting you to improve the quality of your bid and increase your chance of being successful in the bidding process from to offering a critical friend role and (where appropriate) leading on the writing of a bid
- advise you on the engagement of external partners and consultation requirements where this will strengthen your bid and increase your projects chance of success
- offering, where appropriate, post offer contract management services covering issues such as: due-diligence, contact compliance, submitting claims
- liaising with funders both post and pre funding application
If you would like us to run a project specific funding search then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01325 406288. For more information please see our External Funding Brief [pdf document]
Keep up to date
If you would like to keep up to date with current funding opportunities, there are several ways in which you can do this:
- NHS Health Improvement Funding Opportunity [pdf document]
- Follow us on our DBC Funding Team Twitter account [external link] and our DBC Funding Facebook Account [external link] - our pages are dedicated to passing on the most up to date funding and investment news.
- If you are not on Twitter or Facebook, contact us and we will send through all the most recent announcements to you by email.
County Durham Community Foundation
County Durham Community Foundation have revised their process for grant giving.
Further information can be found using the links below
If you are interested in learning more about the team or taking advantage the services we provide, please get in touch at email@example.com or 01325 406288.