The purpose of the Schools Admissions Team is to coordinate and allocate school places to children in the primary (4-11 years) and secondary (11-16 years) sector. The team also deals with requests for the transfer of primary and secondary aged pupils.
More information will be made available on these pages when the school admissions procedure is about to begin.
All enquiries should be made to the school admissions on 01325 405907/01325 405909 or firstname.lastname@example.org
School Admissions Information
For all queries regarding school admissions please contact the admissions team on 01325 405907 or email email@example.com
If you are seeking independent admissions advice you may wish to contact ACE (Advisory Centre for Education). Telephone 0300 0115 142 (normal opening hours Monday to Wednesday, 10am to 1pm, term time only) or visit the ACE website [external link]
If you are seeking independent support for your admission appeal you may wish to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau. Telephone 01325 256999, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Citizens Advice Bureau website [external link]
Open Evening Dates 2015
|Carmel College, A Catholic Academy||Monday 14 September 2015 6:30pm only|
|Longfield Academy of Sport||Tuesday 15 September 2015 6:30pm only|
|Polam Hall School||Wednesday 16 September 2015 2:00pm and 6:30pm|
|Darlington School of Maths and Science||Thursday 17 September 2015 1:45pm and 6:30pm|
|Haughton Academy - Education Village||Monday 21 September 2015 6:30pm only|
|St Aidan’s C o E Academy||Tuesday 22 September 2015 5:30pm only|
|Hummersknott Academy||Wednesday 23rd September 2015 6.30pm only|
|Hurworth School||Thursday 24th September 2015 5.30pm only|
Useful information and websites
- Home to school transport
- People's Information Point [external link]
- Advice on the admission of summer born children [pdf document, external link]
- Data View [external link] - This is a new digital tool enabling people to compare regional and local performance of schools, further education and childcare providers.
- GOV.UK [external link] - This is a national website giving detailed information which parents/carers may need when deciding which school(s) to apply for.
- Family information database and school finder [external link] - This website provides a facility for searching for primary and secondary schools. Ofsted information and access to school profiles can also be obtained.
- Parent View [external link] - Parent View gives you the chance to say what you think about your child’s school and to be able to see what other parents have said about a school you may be considering
- Department for Education [external link]
- DfE School and College achievement and attainment tables [external link]