The purpose of the Schools Admissions Team is to coordinate and allocate school places to children in the primary (4-11 years) and secondary (11-16 years) sector. The team also deals with requests for the transfer of primary and secondary aged pupils.
More information will be made available on these pages when the school admissions procedure is about to begin.
All enquiries should be made to the school admissions on 01325 388812/01325 388027 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note as of 16/17 February our new phone numbers will be 01325 405907/01325 405909
Independent choice advice
The choice adviser works independently from the School Admissions team and is part of People and Families Information Support. Choice advice is about helping and supporting families, parents, carers and children to make their best choice of school in Darlington. Choice advisers can advise parents but not decide for them. The aim is to help families optimise their choices using all the information to hand (including over-subscription criteria), to ensure parents are more likely to get the best place for their child.
Why choice advice?
The admissions process can be complex for families. Parents/carers who require additional support and would like to discuss any aspect of applying for a school place, can speak to a Choice Adviser who will give them free and impartial information about school admissions and support them through the admissions process.
View more information on what the choice adviser can offer [external link]
Choice Adviser (People and Families Information Support),
Useful information and websites
- Home to school transport
- People's Information Point [external link]
- Advice on the admission of summer born children [pdf document, external link]
- Data View [external link] - This is a new digital tool enabling people to compare regional and local performance of schools, further education and childcare providers.
- GOV.UK [external link] - This is a national website giving detailed information which parents/carers may need when deciding which school(s) to apply for.
- Family information database and school finder [external link] - This website provides a facility for searching for primary and secondary schools. Ofsted information and access to school profiles can also be obtained.
- Parent View [external link] - Parent View gives you the chance to say what you think about your child’s school and to be able to see what other parents have said about a school you may be considering
- Department for Education [external link]
- DfE School and College achievement and attainment tables [external link]