These pages contain information about your Council housing tenancy.
- Tenant profile - tell us about you so we can help improve the services we provide
- Pet policy [pdf document]
- What you are responsible for repairing and what you must do if you want to make improvements to your home
- Anti-social behaviour
- Garden tidy - if you are unable to maintain your own garden, we can help you. We can also collect garden waste.
- Dog warden - find out how to get your dog microchipped.
- Furnished tenancy scheme
- Mutual exchange - swapping your home with another council tenant
- Pest control
- Vehicle accesses - how to apply for a dropped kerb or pavement crossing
- Fill in the referral form [external link] to see if you qualify for a home fire safety visit.
- Home energy
- Beat the freeze [external link] - how to avoid frozen pipes and what to do if a pipe freezes or bursts.
- Right to buy - find out if you are eligible to buy your house
Staying safe in your home
- Condensation and damp leaflet [pdf document]
- Water hygiene leaflet [pdf document]
- Asbestos leaflet [pdf document]
We are fully committed to promoting equality and diversity for all our clients and have provided training for all our staff. The corporate equalities policy commits Darlington Borough Council to the equalities agenda.