Wednesday's Pilates session has a new time 11.30am-12.30pm. Please note this session is currently unavailable to book online, please contact reception to book 01325 406000.
We offer a comprehensive range of instructor led classes suitable for all fitness levels. We have highlighted our lower intensity classes with a heart on the timetable and you will find a list of descriptions at the bottom of this page.
Take a look at our Health and Fitness Timetable [pdf document].
To book any classes or for more information please contact our reception on 01325 406000, alternatively please email [email protected] if you would like to know anything further.
If you are serious about keeping fit and healthy why not take out a Fit4Life membership package and start enjoying all the benefits it has to offer.
If you have young children you can take advantage of our Soft Play Crèche facilities, which allow you to use the Centre's facilities while your children are supervised by our qualified nursery staff.
100's of classes on demand at the touch of a button. Our Virtual Class Studio is situated on the third floor.
Pay as you go or included in full 12-month membership for just £24.95 per month. Take a look at the current Virtual Class Timetable [pdf document].
For more information on virtual classes, please speak to a member of the team. All participants must complete a player registration form at reception.
Les Mills Classes at The Dolphin Centre are delivered by trained instructors from local company Fit-Lab [external Link] and include: BodyAttack, BodyBalance, BodyPump, Step, and Zumba.
Online bookings are now available for Squash, Football, Badminton and Exercise classes, please use the following link: https://leisurebookings.darlington.gov.uk/bookings [opens in new window] and register to make a booking. If you have any problems with the process please email: [email protected]
Health and Fitness Class Descriptions
- Aqua Aerobics - A workout to music whilst in the pool performing various moves and exercises to get your heart pumping.
- Aqua Natal Aerobics - A midwife led session giving you a range of water based exercises that are suitable during pregnancy.
- Box 'n' Circuits - Just as intense and challenging as circuits but split with 30 minutes on boxercise and 30 minutes of circuit training. This session will push your body to its limits.
- Chair Aerobics - Low level, chair based, gentle exercises, excellent for those wanting to return to exercise and build up their fitness.
- Circuits - High intensity exercise class providing participants with a full body workout, developing muscular strength, endurance and coordination.
- Classic Dancing - A gentle dance class that involves classic steps and sequences, no partner required.
- Easyline - Uses specially designed equipment that beginners and experienced trainers will find beneficial. It is great for developing muscular tone and benefits the heart and lungs.
- Keep Fit - A fun, upbeat and friendly aerobics based exercise class, suitable for all fitness levels and abilities.
- Multi Activity Club - These instructor led sessions include various activities such as Table Tennis, Badminton, Keep Fit, Stretches and Swimming.
- No Strings badminton - Badminton session that targets people aged 14 years and above. Rackets and shuttle cocks are provided. A coach will be on hand for any advice or guidance.
- Pilates - Flexibility, strength and relaxation, this exercise class is designed to improve your posture and tone.
- Post Natal Pilates - A great session to reintroduce yourself to exercise, with a specially adapted Pilates session to suit your needs and requirements.
- Spinning - Instructor led cycling workout to music. You control your own workout as the instructor guides you through different cycling exercises. All our spinning bikes have computers installed on them, providing continuous access to tempo, heart rate, calories burned, time and distance travelled.
- Spin 'n' Abs - A 30 minutes ultimate spinning class combined with 15 minutes of effective exercises to flatten, strengthen and tone your tum.
- Supervised Swim - Our supervised swim session is a great way to build fitness and meet new people. A coach will be on hand for any advice and guidance.
- Tai Chi - Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of coordinated body movements focusing on the cultivation of internal energy (Chi). Its aim is to harmonize the mind, body and spirit, promoting mental and physical well-being.
- Tea Dance - Traditional Ballroom dancing session led by Age UK.
- Energy Blast - A 20 minute high intensity exercise session, with an instructor to give guidance and motivation, and help you get the results you are looking for.
- The timetable is subject to change
- We recommend customers book to guarantee their place in classes
- Please make your instructor aware of any medical problems
- Comfortable and cool clothing is recommended and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated during exercise