Darlington sports winners
Nominate someone for the 2021 awards!
This year, Darlington Sports Awards will focus on people of any age who have gone the extra mile and beyond this year.
We want to celebrate those who have done something that has helped clubs, charities, individuals within a school, home or community setting as a whole or has achieved something in their chosen sport in what has been a very challenging time
Examples could include:
- Someone who has completed a virtual Great North Run or any virtual sporting achievement.
- People who have supported renovation of a club or community sport facility during lockdown in their spare time.
- Individuals who have raised vital funds for clubs/charities and community sports groups to sustain throughout such a challenging period this year
- An individual who has supported someone to remain active during lockdown within a home setting providing virtual support or keeping in touch with them.
- An individual who has supported someone to help them to return to sport
- Celebrating a sporting success of a team or individual over the last year
The list isn’t limited we know that there will be lots of examples of superb community spirit, achievements and support throughout the last few months to keep people active and we want to hear about it and celebrate inspirational stories and reward them.
Every person who receives a nomination will be celebrated during our Darlington Sports Awards Week!
You can nominate someone using the online form on this page.
You can also download a copy of the form to print and fill in.
Printable nomination form [pdf document].
Completed downloaded forms should be sent to [email protected].
Deadline for nominations
Sunday 12 December.
Awards to be presented week commencing Monday 10 January.
All winners will be celebrated virtually on our Facebook page, please send all nominations or complete nomination forms to [email protected].