Our pools offer a balanced mix of everything from casual public swimming to competitive swimming/diving for our clubs, swimming lessons and water aerobics or having fun on our water slides and inflatables.
We offer an outstanding pool complex that includes an: eight-lane, 25m competition standard swimming pool, training pool, interactive toddler pool, 1m/3m/5m board diving pool and two waterslides
- We have 57 changing cubicles in the changing village, 16 of which are the larger family changing cubicles and eight have baby-changing beds.
- There are 19 showers, 7 of which are fully private showers.
- There are separate male and female toilet areas.
- There are three hairdryers, which are free of charge.
- All lockers cost £1.20, of which £1 is refundable.
The Council is committed to creating equal access for disabled people. Please see details of the Changing Places Registration Scheme [link] for provision we provide at The Dolphin Centre.
The temperature of the pools is maintained between 28º - 30ºC, in line with industry recommendations.
Our Toddler Pool is fitted with a heat exchanger which enables this pool to be heated individually. The temperature for this pool is maintained between 30º - 31ºC.
All our pool lifeguards are qualified to the national standards required by The Royal Lifesaving Society [external link]. We expect the highest level of vigilance from our lifeguards at all times, providing a safe and secure environment for all our customers; and as such they are required to carry out lifeguard training at least once every three weeks.
One adult must accompany every two children under eight years, or two non-swimmers under sixteen years. This is in line with best practice from the Royal Lifesaving Society.
To use our inflatables, children must be able to swim unaided.
The following items are not allowed in the pool:
baggy, see-through or ripped swimwear, t-shirts, vest tops, skirts, sarongs, denim jeans, cut-offs, shorts with studs, belts, shorts longer than just below the knee, underwear or thongs. Provision will be made for cultural requirements and medical conditions.
Do not wear swimming goggles if you are using the slides or diving boards.
- Do not enter the swimming pool if you are suffering or have suffered from diarrhoea within the previous 48 hours. If you have been diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis [external link], do not swim until you have been free of symptoms for 14 days.
- Visit the toilet before you swim and always wash your hands after using the toilet.
- You are required to shower before entering the pool - if everyone does this properly, it will improve water quality and reduce the risk of contamination.
- All infants who are not toilet trained must wear an aqua-nappy. Do not change nappies on poolside.
- If the pool is contaminated by vomit, blood or faeces, report it to a member of staff immediately.
Prams and Pushchairs
Prams and pushchairs can't be taken onto the poolside. Please use the buggy park in the Changing Village or the one next to the 'Under the sea' soft play area.
Cameras and Photography
You must get permission from management if you wish to take photos or videos.