Planning and environmental policy
Please note, if you wish to speak to someone about planning permission or a planning application, please call Development Management on 01325 405777.
The Regulation 6 Consultation on the Middleton St George Neighbourhood Area is now open
The Council will be consulting on the Middleton St George Neightbourhood Area from 13 February 2019 to 29 March 2019. More information can be seen on the Neighbourhood Planning page
The Regulation 16 Consultation on the Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent Neighbourhood Plan has now closed.
The Council consulted on the Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent Neighbourhood Plan from Tuesday 20 November 2018 to Monday 7 January 2019. More information can be viewed on the Neighbourhood Planning page
The Draft Darlington Local Plan 2016-2036 Consultation has now closed.
Thank you to all those who have submitted comments and attended our consultation events. Your comments are now being processed and reviewed.
The next stage will be a report to Members with recommendations based on the comments received. This is anticipated to happen later this year, with dates to be confirmed.
For further details about the Local Plan please visit the designated Local Plan website [external link]
Heighington and Middleton St George - Draft Spatial Plan Consultation
As part of the preparation of the New Local Plan, work has been undertaken on exploring future development opportunities at two of the larger villages in Darlington; Middleton St George and Heighington. Draft spatial plans have been drawn up for both of these villages.
The Council is to consult the villages on these draft spatial plans in order to receive feedback from the community and stakeholders. A consultation is scheduled to start on the 4th Dec 2017 until 8th January 2018. During this period you can provide your views and comments to us on the draft plans. Further details can be seen on the Local Plan Consultation page [external link]
Draft Planning and Development Brief for Blackwell - Consultation has now ended
The Council has recently consulted on a draft Planning and Development Brief for Land to the East of Carmel Road South (Sites HE1 to HE4 - Former Blackwell Grange Golf Course). For further information, please visit the Blackwell Draft Planning and Development Brief page.
- Landscape and Restoration Plan showing adjoining properties [pdf document]
New Local Plan – Issues and Scoping Consultation
A new 20 year Darlington Local Plan 2016-2036 is being prepared for the whole Borough. Once adopted, it will be the development plan for all matters except minerals and waste. It will replace the existing adopted Darlington Local Development Framework Core Strategy (2011) [pdf document], and saved policies of the Borough of Darlington Local Plan.
The Issues and Scoping Consultation has now ended. Thank you for all of the comments we have received. For more information please visit the New Local Plan 2016-2036 page or our microsite www.darlington.gov.uk/localplan
Making and Growing Places
Members have now agreed to formally withdraw the draft Making and Growing Places DPD to enable work to start on a comprehensive new Local Plan. For further information, please visit the New Local Plan page
Obtaining copies of planning documents
Paper copies of published documents can be viewed at the Town Hall, Darlington during normal office hours (8:45am - 4:45pm Monday - Thursdays, 8:45am - 4:15pm Fridays).
The following planning documents are available to order:
- The Borough of Darlington Local Plan (adopted 1997, with alterations 2001) is available for purchase in paper format (£18, add £4 if postage is required) or as CD-ROM (£20, postage free). Payment is required with order. Please make cheques payable to Darlington Borough Council.
- The Core Strategy is available in paper format (£15 including p&p).
- The Tees Valley Joint Minerals and Waste Core Strategy DPD is available in paper format (£20 including p&p)
- The Tees Valley Joint Minerals and Waste Policies and Sites DPD is available in paper format (£20 including p&p)
- The Revised Design of New Development SPD is available in paper format (£20 including p&p).
- Green Infrastructure Strategy is available in paper format. The Guide costs £20 including p&p, and the Strategy and the Action Plan cost £12 each including p&p.
- Guidelines for the Introduction of A2 and A3 Uses and Amusement Centres into the Secondary Shopping Frontages of Darlington Town Centre [pdf document] (Adopted 1998 - free of charge)
- Planning Obligations SPD [pdf document] is available in paper format (£12 including p&p).
Contact us at [email protected] or 01325 406724