Applying for a Council home
We are the largest landlord in Darlington with a wide range of properties available across the Borough. We offer well maintained properties for rent that can meet a range of needs.
Renting a home from Darlington Borough Council couldn’t be easier, we offer a wide range of properties including family homes, bungalows, flats, apartments and sheltered schemes.
- No Deposit/No Admin Fee
- Dedicated 24/7 emergency repair service
- Trusted management service
- White goods service
- Good value homes across the borough
- New properties for 2019/20
You can Apply online through Compass. You will need to register first.
We can provide you with a personal service from dedicated Housing Officers, who will offer you advice and support to manage and sustain your tenancy. We offer a comprehensive Welfare Benefits advice service, including advice on benefits, maximising your household income and finances, as well as advice on fuel debt and tariffs, and switching providers.
If you need assistance please call into the Town Hall where computers are available.
- To find out more about the way properties are allocated you can view the Compass Allocations Policy
- We have made changes to the Local Lettings policy [pdf document]
- Local Lettings Policy for 10 or less affordable rent properties acquired on mixed sites Housing [pdf document]