Why work for us?
Our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to ensure that all residents of Darlington have access to live happier, healthier and more independent lives.
We are looking for innovative, motivated and talented individuals, do you have what it takes?
With a workforce of almost 2,000 we are a small, tight knit and agile Council, which gives our employees the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people in Darlington, whilst also developing a rewarding and successful career.
Our employees cover a diverse mixture of roles such as, legal, commissioning, housing, leisure, building trades, social care, planning and engineering, to name a few, yet there is frequent cross service working and collaboration, which helps create a strong team spirit.
We celebrate the success of a diverse workforce, encouraging and supporting personal growth, your wellbeing and a good work-life balance.
You can find out more about what it's like to work for us in the 'This is us' box.
Darlington is a fantastic place to live, work and visit, discover more about what the town has to offer in the Enjoy Darlington internet pages.
Some of the great benefits of working for us
The Total Reward Booklet [pdf document].
Employee Benefits Video [YouTube]
- Generous pension scheme
- Shared cost Additional Voluntary Contributions Pension Scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave schemes
- Staff equality forums
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible working
- Blended working
- Home working
- 32 days annual leave, plus bank holidays from day 1
- Additional annual leave purchase scheme
- Occupational sick pay
- Green car salary sacrifice scheme
- Engagement Ambassador Group
- Cycle 2 Work salary sacrifice scheme
- Vivup Lifestyle Savings
- Free confidential counselling service
- Physiotherapy service
- Arriva Employee travel club
- Access to Occupational Health
- Great wellbeing offer
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders and Mentors
- Great spaces to Work
- Dolphin Centre Fit for Life discounts
- Loans and savings via payroll deduction
- CSSC discount scheme
- The staff forum
- Employee Surveys