Darlington Health and Wellbeing Board Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment
Darlington Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) has a statutory duty to review the existing PNA and publish a new PNA document by April 2021.
Current Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
Darlington PNA 2022 - 25 [pdf document].
What is a PNA?
- A statement of the needs for pharmaceutical services in the Health and Wellbeing Board area.
- A PNA should identify what is needed at a local level to guide current and future commissioning of pharmaceutical services.
- It should also provide a picture of what pharmaceutical services an area already has.
Why do we need a PNA?
- It is a statutory document.
- In accordance with regulations, the document must be fully revised every three years, and updated with supplementary documents as circumstances change.
How should it be used?
- The PNA should be used as a framework for commissioners when considering what pharmaceutical services Darlington may need.
- The PNA links with the JSNA (Joint Strategic Needs Assessment) and should be used alongside each other to support the delivery of local Health and Wellbeing strategies.