Independence for older people and disabled people

If you would like to arrange a viewing please contact the relevant Scheme Manager directly. The full list of Schemes and Managers can be viewed here [pdf document]

Our available properties are advertised every week via the Compass [external link] choice based letting scheme. Just click on the "properties and recent let search" button, to search for social housing in Darlington.

Older people

If you are experiencing difficulty in your home there are many ways in which we can help.

We can either help you find more suitable accommodation through the schemes listed above and:

  • Ground Floor Apartments/Bungalows - All our ground floor apartments and bungalows have a modern alarm call system fitted, if you need emergency assistance our Lifeline Response Team would attend, we would also be able to offer further advice for your welfare and safety through our telecare service.

Or offer services to help you to stay in your own home


Lifelinetestimonial Margaret Dickson Small

"My name is Margaret Dickson and I am 98 years old, 4 months ago I moved into Dalkeith House, I had previously lived not far away in a bungalow on Barnes Rd but I was finding everyday things more difficult to cope with.

The last 4 months I can honestly say I have never felt happier, I have felt as though a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders, I am a very outgoing person and I love having someone to pass the time of day with.

As I am partial sighted I had concerns about not being able to see very well in the kitchen area, today this has been resolved by Darlington Borough council as an electrician has now fitted white L.E.D strip lights underneath the kitchen cupboards and one on the ceiling, the difference this had made is wonderful.

I really do feel so much at home now. Thank You"

Margaret Dickson.

Disabled people

I want to stay in my home

If you do not want to move, we can help you continue to live independently in your home.

I want to move to a more suitable home

If your present home no longer meets your needs we can help you find more suitable accommodation

Applying for a Council home