We began Creative Darlington in 2012.
In 2026 and beyond Darlington will be a place where culture:
- enriches lives
- involves people
- is central to identity and prosperity
Our current priorities
- celebrate Darlington’s contribution to the birth of the modern railway
- to have an accessible, diverse, and vibrant culture
- to encourage economic growth
- to champion engagement with culture, particularly with children and young people
- for culture to thrive
- to attract visitors to the Town Centre
- to have a thriving theatre that involves people of all ages
We also mange:
Who we work with
- The Bridge [external link], a community arts venue.
- creative individuals
- organisations and enterprises within Darlington
Darlington Theatre Town
In 2017/18 we supported programmes like Darlington Theatre Town.
It included a four day Pop-Up Theatre Town programme in Darlington market place, from 5 – 8 October 2017.
I'm Never Gonna Stop
OAE Music & Film project, Darlington Orchestras Live.
In 2018/19 we supported a partnership project involving:
- the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment (OAE)
- Darlington Hippodrome
- Durham & Darlington Music Hub
- Orchestras Live
The OAE delivered a creative film composition project.
In the film, young musicians from Wyvern Academy, Darlington, composed a live musical soundtrack for a short film.
The film was shown alongside their live performance at The Hullabaloo on Monday 10 September 2018.
Stephen Wiper, Creative Darlington Manager.
Darlington Borough Council
Darlington DL1 1ND
Creative Darlington is happy to work with partners:
- in Darlington
- the North East
- across the nation
- from abroad