Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies Generator website

Other forms

Appeal a decision

If you are unhappy with any decisions we have made about your claim, you can ask us to look at these again.

You can also make an appeal to Her Majesty's courts and tribunal service.

Complete our appeals form within one month of the date you received our decision.

Clearly state why you disagree with our decision. 

Once we review your claim, we will write to you and tell you if we can change our decision.

Housing benefit and council tax support appeals

Risk of violence

If you have left a property due to violence or a fear of violence you can let us know.

Risk of violence

Confirmation of childcare payments

If we have asked you for more information on your childcare payments, you can tell us about it on this form.

You should:

  • complete the first part
  • print the second part
  • give the second part to your childcare provider

Your childcare provider can then send this to us at the address on the application.

Childcare payments

Additional bedroom for a carer

Do you have a regular overnight carer who does not normally live with you?

You may be entitled to claim an additional room allowance for housing benefit.

For more information and to make an application you can use the form below.

Additional bedroom for an overnight carer

Request an appointee

An appointee someone you choose to become responsible for all aspects of your claim.

They become responsible for:

  • repaying any overpayments
  • receiving all correspondence on your behalf

They need to be capable of managing your affairs and be trusted to act in your best interests. They must be in regular contact with you.

They must be able to:

  • notify us of any relevant changes to your circumstances
  • answer any relevant questions

You only need an appointee if you cannot manage your own affairs due to physical or mental incapacity. An appointee can be temporary or permanent.

To appoint someone to act on your behalf for your housing benefit and council tax support complete our form below.

Request an appointee

Enquiries about your housing benefit and council tax support

If you have an enquiry about your housing benefit or council tax support, please use our form below.

Please make sure you include your claim reference number to help us deal with your enquiry.

Enquiry form

Return to benefits forms homepage.

Install our web app.