Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies Generator website

Earnings and employment

Certificate of earnings

If you do not have wage slips to send us as proof of your earnings then we can accept a certificate of earnings from your employer.

Part of this form needs to be printed and given to your employer. Once this has been completed they can send it to us through email or post.

Certificate of earnings form

Self-employed earnings

If you or your partner are self-employed and have applied for, or are in receipt of:

  • housing benefit
  • Council tax support

Tell us about this by completing the e-form below.

Self-employed earnings form

Starting employment

Once you have started work your housing benefit may stop. You may still be entitled to some housing benefit if you are on a low income.

All you need to do is to provide us with proof of your new income. We will work out if you should still receive housing benefit.

If you have been receiving:

  • income support
  • jobseekers allowance
  • employment and support allowance
  • severe disablement allowance
  • incapacity benefit for more than 26 weeks in a row

You may be entitled to receive an extended payment of housing benefit. This means that you would continue to receive the same amount of benefit for four weeks after your circumstances changed.

You will need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions to see if you are entitled.

To inform us that you or a partner are starting employment you can complete our Return to Work e-form below:

Return to work form

Financial information request

If we have requested more financial information from you use the form below.

Financial information form

Return to benefits forms homepage

Install our web app.