Licensing Act 2003
- Darlington Borough Council is a Licensing Authority responsible for administering the Licensing Act 2003.
- The Act covers the licensing of individuals for the retail sale of alcohol (personal licences), the licensing of premises for the retail sale of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment or late night refreshment (premises licences), the supply of alcohol or the provision of regulated entertainment to certain clubs (club premises certificates) and the permitting of certain licensable activities on a temporary basis (temporary event notices). Activities that require a licence under the Licensing Act 2003 include: (a) Retail sale of alcohol (for consumption on or off the premises) (b) Supply of hot food or drink from a premise from 11pm to 5am. (c) Supply of alcohol or provision of regulated entertainment to club members. (d) Provision of entertainment listed below (known as regulated entertainment) to the public or club members or with a view to profit.
- a performance of a play
- an exhibition of a film
- an indoor sporting event
- a boxing or wrestling entertainment
- a contest, exhibition or display which combines boxing or wrestling with one or more martial arts (“combined fighting sports”)
- a performance of live music
- any playing of recorded music
- a performance of dance
- entertainment of a similar description to a performance of live music, any playing of recorded music or a performance of dance
- The Council is required to keep this policy under review and must publish a statement of its Licensing Policy every three years.
The Deregulation Act 2015 gained Royal Assent 26 March 2015, and the revised s.182 Guidance has now been published on gov.uk.
The amendments made to the Licensing Act 2003 by the Deregulation Act 2015 are:
- The requirement to renew personal licences has been abolished with effect from 1 April 2015.
- The offence of selling liqueur confectionery to children under 16 will be repealed with effect from 26 May 2015. After that date a person of any age can buy liqueur confectionery in England and Wales.
- The requirement to report lost or stolen licences to the police before applying for duplicates will be abolished with effect from 26 May 2015.
- The limit on the number of temporary events that can be held at single premises will increase from 12 to 15 per year from 1 January 2016.
- Changes to regulated entertainment will take effect from 6 April 2015.
Personal licence forms
- Application for a personal licence [word document]
- Disclosure of convictions and declaration [word document]
Temporary event notice forms
- Temporary event notice application form [word document]
- Application for a premises licence [word document]
- Application for review of a premise license [word document]
- Application for a minor variation to a premises licence or club premises certificate [word document]
- Application for variation of premise licence [word document]
- Application for a provisional statement [word document]
- Application to vary a premises licence to specify designated premises supervisor [word document]
- Notification of request to be removed as designated premises supervisor [word document]
- Application to transfer a premises licence [word document]
- Consent of premises licence holder to transfer [pdf document]
- Designated premises supervisor consent form [word document]
- Interim authority notice [word document]
- Notification of an interest in premises under section 178 [word document]
- Notification of change of name or address or request for additional copies of premises licence [word document]
- Representations on a current application for a grant/variation of a premises license or club premises certificate under the Licensing Act 2003 [word document]
- Removal of requirement for DPS application form [word document]
- Surrender of premises licence [word document]
- Application for the mandatory alcohol conditions to be disapplied [word document]
Club premises certificate forms
- Application for a club premises certificate [word document]
- Declaration for a club premise certificate to be granted [word document]
- Application to vary a club premises certificate [word document]
- Application for the review of a premise licence or club premises certificate [pdf document]
Due to the nature of these document there may be issues with accessibility. If you require a fully accessible version please email [email protected] requesting the desired application.
- Olumo Continental application for a premise licence [pdf document]
- Sainsburys Middleton St George application for a premises licence [pdf document]
- Spar Haughton Road application for a premise licence [pdf document]
- Akbar Dynasty application to review a premise application [pdf document]
- Darlington Borough Council Licensing Policy [pdf document]
- Guidance on making an application under the Licensing Act 2003 [pdf document]
- Guidance in respect of events at licensed premises for persons under 18 years of age [pdf document]
- Public Nuisance Guidance for Licensing Act 2003 [pdf document]
- Section 19 closure notice fact sheet [pdf document]