Licensing Act 2003
Darlington Borough Council is a Licensing Authority responsible for administering the Licensing Act 2003.
- the licensing of individuals for the retail sale of alcohol (personal licences)
- the licensing of premises for the retail sale of alcohol
- the provision of regulated entertainment or late night refreshment (premises licences)
- the supply of alcohol or the provision of regulated entertainment to certain clubs (club premises certificates)
- the permitting of certain licensable activities on a temporary basis (temporary event notices)
- Retail sale of alcohol (for consumption on or off the premises)
- Supply of hot food or drink from a premise from 11pm to 5am
- Supply of alcohol or provision of regulated entertainment to club members
- Provision of entertainment listed below (known as regulated entertainment) to the public or club members or with a view to profit:
- a performance of a play
- an exhibition of a film
- an indoor sporting event
- a boxing or wrestling entertainment
- a contest, exhibition or display which combines boxing or wrestling with one or more martial arts (“combined fighting sports”)
- a performance of live music
- any playing of recorded music
- a performance of dance
- entertainment of a similar description to a performance of live music, any playing of recorded music or a performance of dance
- The Council is required to keep this policy under review and must publish a statement of its Licensing Policy every three years
- The requirement to renew personal licences has been abolished with effect from 1 April 2015.
- The offence of selling liqueur confectionery to children under 16 will be repealed with effect from 26 May 2015. After that date a person of any age can buy liqueur confectionery in England and Wales.
- The requirement to report lost or stolen licences to the police before applying for duplicates will be abolished with effect from 26 May 2015.
- The limit on the number of temporary events that can be held at single premises will increase from 12 to 15 per year from 1 January 2016.
- Changes to regulated entertainment will take effect from 6 April 2015.
Personal licence forms
- Application for a personal licence [pdf document]
- Disclosure of convictions and declaration [pdf document]
Temporary event notice forms
- Temporary event notice application form [pdf document]
- Application for a premises licence [pdf document]
- Application for review of a premise licence [pdf document]
- Application for variation of premise licence [pdf document]
- Application for a provisional statement [pdf document]
- Application to vary a premises licence to specify designated premises supervisor [pdf document]
- Notification of request to be removed as designated premises supervisor [pdf document]
- Application to transfer a premises licence [pdf document]
- Consent of premises licence holder to transfer [pdf document]
- Designated premises supervisor consent form [pdf document]
- Interim authority notice [pdf document]
- Notification of an interest in premises under section 178 [pdf document]
- Notification of change of name or address or request for additional copies of premises licence [pdf document]
- Representations on a current application for a grant/variation of a premises licence or club premises certificate under the Licencing Act 2003 [pdf document]
- Removal of requirement for DPS application form [pdf document]
- Surrender of premises license [pdf document]
- Application for the mandatory alcohol conditions to be disapplied [pdf document]
Club premises certificate forms
- Application for a club premises certificate [pdf document]
- Declaration for a club premise certificate to be granted [pdf document]
- Application to vary a club premises certificate [pdf document]
- Application for the review of a premise license or club premises certificate [pdf document]
- Darlington Borough Council Licensing Policy [pdf document]
- Guidance on making an application under the Licensing Act 2003 [pdf document]
- Public Nuisance Guidance for Licensing Act 2003 [pdf document]
- Section 19 closure notice fact sheet [pdf document]
Due to the nature of these document there may be issues with accessibility.
If you require a fully accessible version please email [email protected] requesting the desired application.