Jobs and careers
Darlington Borough Council employee benefits
National Careers Service
Help with career, learning and training choices.
National Careers Service website [external link]
Darlington Citizens Advice
Local advice service covering benefits and help accessing other services.
Visit the Darlington Citizens Advice website [external link]
Darlington College offers short employability courses.
Visit the Darlington College website [external link]
Live, Work, Play in the Tees Valley
Jobs on social media
Further information on the Council’s privacy statements relating to the retention and processing of information you provide as part of the application process is available on the data protection pages of the Council’s website.
The Council has recently signed the Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health. This is part of theMINDFUL EMPLOYER [external link] initiative.
Being a MINDFUL EMPLOYER …
- Shows employees and others that the Council is a good employer
- Expresses corporate social responsibility
- Helps towards complying with legislation (for example the Equality Act, Health & Safety)
- Reduces sickness absence
- Enhances customer service
- Improves productivity
- Helps retain staff who have experienced discrimination in the past
- Makes for a healthier workplace