Welcome, Processes & Policies
- Please email the Workforce Development Team to book your place unless otherwise specified in the Training Directory.
- You will receive an Outlook invite at the time of booking for the majority of training sessions booked through Workforce Development.
- For online training sessions, you will receive an Outlook Teams invite which will include the meeting link to use on the day.
- For face to face sessions, you will receive an Outlook invite but it will be made clear in the subject box that it is a face to face session & it will include a venue.
- Should the trainer wish to provide their own meeting link, this will be included in the Outlook invite sent out by Workforce Development. You won’t normally receive an invite directly from the trainer but it will be made clear at the time of booking if that is the case.
We please ask that you DON’T forward invites onto colleagues. We need to monitor bookings to ensure the correct audience are attending & that numbers do not exceed capacity. All bookings should be emailed to:Workforce Development Team
- DBC Staff - details of how to apply for external or accredited courses are detailed on the intranet. To view, visit the intranet home page & search for ‘Workforce Development’.
- DBC staff should register themselves on the session & inform the Workforce Development Team once completed so their individual training record can be updated.
It is really important if you are unable to attend any of our courses (whether online or face to face) that you let us know as soon as possible. We appreciate situations come up whereby you can’t attend but lots of our courses are commissioned in and incur what can be a considerable cost so we need to ensure that every session is as well attended as possible. If there is no way to let us know beforehand then please get in touch as soon as you can to say you weren’t able to attend.
- Please try to arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of the course. If you arrive late on the day you may not be allowed to stay - this decision is made at the trainer’s discretion.
- If you are unable to stay for the full duration of the training, please contact the Workforce Development Team who will check with the facilitator.