Who can have a bus pass?
Who can apply?
- Those who are of the pensionable age - find out your pensionable age [external link]
- Those who meet the national criteria for travel disability as someone who:
- is blind or partially sighted
- is profoundly or severely deaf
- is without speech
- has a disability, or has suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to walk
- does not have arms or has long-term loss of the use of both arms
- has a learning disability, that is, a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
- would, if he/she applied for the grant of a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part lll of the Road Traffic Act 1988, have the application refused pursuant to section 92 of that Act (physical fitness) for example - on the grounds of epilepsy or a severe mental disorder. Persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol does not qualify you for a bus pass
How to apply
If you think you may be eligible for a concessionary bus pass, you can apply using our online system.
Please follow the step-by-step renewal guide, concessionary travel step by step guide [pdf document]
Alternatively you can download and complete the relevant application form. Please send it to us with a current passport-sized photograph together with your proof of eligibility. You can also contact Customer Service on 01325 405222 to make an appointment to bring your application form and eligibility information to the Town Hall, we will also take your photograph.
- bus pass application form (age) [pdf document]
- bus pass application form (disability) [pdf document]
I've lost my pass, what do I do?
If you think you lost your pass while using public transport, contact the appropriate bus operator. Call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33 if you are unsure which operator’s service you were on.
If the operator has not found your pass, please contact Customer Services on 01325 405222 and ask for a replacement pass to be sent out to you. There is an administrative charge of £10 for the replacement pass. If your pass was stolen and you can provide a crime reference number, this charge will not apply.
Information for bus operators
Statutory notice to bus operators [pdf document]
How we use your personal information