Cemeteries and Crematorium
Our Cemetery and Crematorium team are responsible for the day to day routine and management of three cemeteries and a crematorium. They are responsible for taking funeral bookings and all associated paperwork required for a funeral.
Carmel Road North
Telephone: 01325 406744
Email: [email protected]
- Monday – Thursday 9am – 4:30pm.
- Friday - 9am – 4:00pm.
Guidelines and charters
Our work is carried out in accordance with relevant legislation and the crematorium operates under the Federation of British cremation authorities code of cremation practice [external link].
We have adopted the charter for the bereaved [external link], the purpose of which is to provide at least the minimum requirement expected of the bereaved.
Registering a death
More information about registering a death is available on the Register Office pages.
Public health funerals
For more information on Public health funerals where no next of kin can be found see the departmental statistics and performance data page.
- Bereavement advice centre [external link]
- Bereavement register [external link]
- Cruse [external link]
- St Teresa’s hospice [external link]
- Institute of cemetery and crematorium management [external link]
- Federation of British cremation authorities [external link]