Private hire operators
If you wish to apply for a PHO licence you will need to use a premise within the borough of Darlington and hold the appropriate planning permission.
If you are not a licensed taxi driver you will need to apply for a Basic DBS.
The application requires to be accompanied with the following documents:
- Right to work check for all directors only one time check.
- Planning consent evidence that you have this, and we will check this with the Planning Department for any restrictions been placed.
- Public/Employer Liability require insurance documentation covering the amount of 5 million
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Passengers policy documented evidence of this.
- Policy on employing ex offenders documented evidence of this.
- Lists of all vehicles including make/model/registration that are being operated with a list of drivers, including name, licence numbers.
Directors to produce Safeguarding Awareness Training if not a current licensed driver.
Licences can be granted for either one year or five years and the appropriate fee will apply.
New PHO will require to book a knowledge test.
All the above documentation will also need to be provided at each renewal.
Payment system is currently unavailable. Please check back this afternoon.