Personal Education Plan (PEP)
A PEP is an evolving document that forms part of a looked after child’s care plan.
The aim of a PEP is to ensure looked after young people in the care of the local authority make good progress and are supported to achieve.
Darlington virtual school uses Welfare Call’s EPEP [external link] system.
This enables schools and social workers to produce an electronic PEP.
If you would like any extra support in completing a PEP, Darlington virtual school holds regular training events.
You can also find training on the welfare call website under the tutorials section on the home tab.
Useful resources and training materials
- Achieving emotional wellbeing looked after children whole system approach [pdf document]
- Hidden needs [pdf document]
- Looked after children in England [pdf document]
- Supporting transitions [pdf document]
- The three r's [pdf document]
- What survival looks like for me [pdf document]
- Whole class happy pack [pdf document]
- National association of virtual school Headteachers [external link ]
- Rees Centre Oxford University [external link]
- National network for the education of care leavers [external link]
- NICE [external link]
- Attachment in the Classroom: The links between children's early experience, emotional well-being and performance in school: A Practical Guide for Schools by Dr. Heather Geddes [external link]
- Inside I'm Hurting: Practical Strategies for Supporting Children with Attachment Difficulties in Schools by Louise Bomber [external link]
- A teacher’s introduction to attachment by Nicola Marshall
- Becoming an Adoption friendly School by Dr Emma Gore Langton
- Why Love matters by Sue Gerhardt
- The A-Z of therapeutic parenting by Sarah Naish (actually any of her titles)
- Making a Difference: A Practical Guide for the Emotionally Focused School Practitioner by Cath Hunter
- When the Adults Change Everything Changes by Paul Dix
- The boy who was raised as a dog by B D Perry (good overview of the impact of early childhood trauma on brain function – but have tissues ready as it can be a tough read.)
- A guide to attachment by Timpson trust