Childcare audit (sufficiency assessment)
Darlington Borough Council has a statutory duty under The Children and Families’ Act 2014 and the Childcare Act 2016, to ensure there is sufficient childcare, as far as is reasonably practicable, for working parents, or parents who are studying or training for employment.
In Summer 2018 the Council commissioned a pre-school childcare gap analysis (including feedback from parents and local employers regarding the local childcare market), carried out a childcare sufficiency assessment and drafted an accompanying action plan looking at how we can 'plug the childcare gaps' which have been highlighted for children aged up to 14 years (or 18 years for those young people with a disability).
- Darlington’s Childcare Sufficiency Assessment 2018-19 [PDF document]
- Childcare Sufficiency for Pre-School Children in Darlington final report [PDF document]
- Childcare Sufficiency for Pre-School Children in Darlington executive summary [PDF document]
If you would like to comment on childcare in the Borough, either:
- complete the childcare in Darlington questionnaire [online form, opens in new window]
- e-mail Nicola Davies, Early Years Projects Officer - [email protected]
- contact the Families Information Team at [email protected] or telephone 01325 406222 (option 4)