Support for parents and pupils
The pupil support service in Darlington offers help, advice and guidance for schools, children and their families to ensure access to the most appropriate educational provision for all.
The service has particular responsibility for
- improving behaviour and attendance in schools,
- supporting pupils from ethnic minorities including pupils who use English as an additional language,
- support for pupils from traveller families,
- offering guidance and support for child protection
- and ensuring that children who are 'looked after' by the local authority enjoy success at school.
We also offer alternative provision for pupils with medical needs or who are at risk of exclusion. The service seeks opportunities to grow and respond to school, pupil and family needs to ensure that everyone enjoys success.