Registered sites in Darlington Borough
Historic England keeps a register of parks and gardens of special historic interest.
Historic England Registered Parks and Gardens [external link]
The aim is to of encourage their protection and conservation.
There are two registered sites in Darlington, both assessed as grade II (grade two):
- West Cemetery [external link]
- West Cemetery description [pdf document]
- West Cemetery boundary map [pdf document]
Detailed advice about the register and historic parks and gardens is available from:
Darlington Borough Council Conservation Officer, [email protected]
The Gardens Trust [external link]
Other parks and gardens of interest
The following areas are not on the Historic England register.
Our local plan identifies the following parks and gardens which are of landscape or historic interest.
- North Lodge Park
- Blackwell Grange
- Rockliffe Park, Hurworth Place
- Middleton Hall, Middleton St George
- Walworth Castle
- Redworth Hall
- Hall Garth, Coatham Mundeville
- Newbus Grange, Hurworth
- Neasham Hall