More about Dalkeith House
Dalkeith House is in the Mowden area of Darlington. We offer modern, unfurnished one and two bedroom apartments on ground, first and second floors.
All apartments have fitted kitchens, wet rooms and include parking and access to lifts. There are large communal areas, which are used for activities and dining at lunchtime.
We encourage tenants to join in the different activities if they would like to. Our schemes are attractive and welcoming. They are also great value due to our reasonable rent and reduced heating costs.
- various communal areas
- pet friendly
- dining area
- hair salon
- coffee bar
- laundry facilities
- mobility vehicle storage area
- free communal WiFi
- on-site care team
- car parking
- central heating
- guest facilities
- open garden and seating areas
- secure door entry
- building maintenance
We offer the Lifeline service. This provides you with 24 hour support in the absence of your scheme manager.
If you need help you can alert the scheme manager using a pull cord.
If your scheme manager is not in the building Darlington CCTV will receive the alert. They will make sure you receive the support you need.
- bus stop close the scheme and a little pink bus scheme
- close to Mowden shops Co-Op, beauticians, hairdressers, barbers
- there is a butchers, public house and Chinese takeaway nearby
- close to a fish and chip shop
- close proximity to GP surgery
There is a regular bus service that runs past Dalkeith House and the 3 or 3A will take you into the town centre.
Monthly charges include
- rent - this can be paid by signing up to our Darlington Home Online
- service charge
- communal heating
What does the service charge cover?
- shared facilities in the building
- Scheme manager support
- cleaning of the communal areas
- garden maintenance
You are responsible for paying standard utility bills and council tax. Dalkeith House has a window cleaner and you are responsible for the cleaning charge.
Interested in Dalkeith House?
Please fill out an Extra Care application form[pdf document]
Do you have some questions? Call or email our scheme manager Gilly Rhodes.