This is us
Our values are not just words, they mean something to our employees.
They are the heart of what we do as a workforce.
Workforce strategy [pdf document]
The council operates across so many different service areas, our #50Faces series will introduce you to some of the Council's unsung heroes.
We'll meet people doing all kinds of jobs, who each make a difference in their own way. #50 Faces
#50Faces Steven Winterburn
I love working for the council because every day,
myself and the team have a positive impact on the lives of young people.
Steven Winterburn talks about his work as YEI Programme Co-ordinator and how the team has worked to become the best in the Tees Valley.
What do our employees say about working with us
Our most recent Employee Survey, carried out September 2021, tells us that:
- Employees are proud to work for the Council.
- Managers make time when it is needed, know what is expected, listen and respond to views and suggestions and give support in stressful situations.
- Employees believe the Council is committed to providing effective services to the residents of Darlington, understands why the Council needs to change and that change is managed effectively.
- Employees feel trusted to get on with their job, value the support they receive from colleagues and understand their responsibilities.
- Employees have regular team meetings, briefings, one to one meetings and feel well informed about Council wide issues.
- Employees believe the Council is a safe place to work, understand their health and safety responsibilities, risks and report work related incidents.
- Employees feel that the Council supports their wellbeing, have a healthy work life balance and supported through emotionally demanding work.