Future in Mind
This document sets out the five year Children and Young Peoples Mental Health and Wellbeing Plan for Darlington, in line with the national ambition and principles set out in Future in Mind – Promoting, protecting and improving our children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing (see footnote)
A requirement of Future in Mind is for areas to develop a local plan [pdf document] based on improving access to help and support when needed and improve how children and young people’s mental health services are organised, commissioned and provided.
In keeping with the Future in Mind, local commissioners want to:
- Encourage good mental health, build resilience and identify and address emerging mental health problems as soon as possible;
- Ensure children, young people and families have timely access to evidence based support and treatment when in need;
- Improve the experience and outcomes for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children, ensuring they are adequately supported at important transition points;
- Work in partnership to develop multi-agency pathways underpinned by quality performance standards, which will be reported in a transparent way;
- Continue to train and develop our local workforce to ensure we have staff with the right mix of knowledge, skills and competencies to respond to the needs of children and young people and their families;
- Multi-agency stakeholders are working in partnership across the health and social care sector to implement these plans locally.
This plan sets out how these ambitions will be implemented: