Families Information Team
SEND Local offer [external link]
Please visit our Local offer website for information on support available for parents and carers of children with special educational needs or a disability (SEND).
The Families Information Team provides information and advice within the Borough of Darlington. The service strives to provide up-to-date advice and information on a wide range of issues. The service maintains the Livingwell Directory [external link] website which is a directory including over 1,000 records relating to organisations, services, activities and events within Darlington. The website is a great starting point for any enquiry relating to:
- Children and Young People
- Adults and Older People
- People with a physical, visual or hearing impairment
- People with a learning disability or mental health need.
The directory provides up-to-date information on local organisations, services, activities and events as well as relevant regional and national organisations. It includes information on:
- Registered Childcare
- Free funded places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds
- Education - Special Educational Needs and Disability advice - IASS
- Schools - Admissions
- SEND Mediation
- Sports, Activities, Events and Places to go
- Information on support services for children and young people, parents/carers and adults
- Care homes and Homecare information for adults
- Health, Housing and Social Care
- Welfare and Benefits
- Community and Voluntary Organisations and Groups
You can search on the A-Z directory, by keyword, by postcode or by simply clicking on an area which interests you. The Families Information Team also provide support and advice in specialist areas including:
- Advice, support and an eligibility checking service regarding 2 year old entitlement to funded childcare
- Support for families who have either a child or parent with a disability
- Support parents/carers with children who have or may have special educational needs
- Support to find Childcare - including Ofsted registered Childminders, Holiday playschemes and parent and toddler groups
- Information on Parenting classes, advice and support groups
- Children's Centres and Schools in your local area
- Information on working in childcare
We welcome your comments and suggestions to make sure the information is up-to-date and relevant. If you are aware of any services, events or activities not listed in the directory, which are relevant to children, young people, parents/carers or practitioners, please let us know.
The team can be contacted by:
- Telephone:01325 406222 (option 7)
- Email:[email protected]
- Website:Contact Us [external link]
- Drop in: Town Hall, Darlington, DL1 5QT
- The Families Information Team are also onFacebook[external link] and Twitter[external link]
Although emails and access to the website are available 24 hours a day, an answer machine will take a message if you phone out of office hours.
This is a free, impartial service provided by your Local Authority.
For enquiries about childcare, such as childminders or out of school clubs, please complete achildcare enquiry form[online form, opens in new window]