Current Apprenticeship Vacancies
View and apply for current vacancies offered by our partners.
|Apprentice Teaching Assistant||Harrowgate Hill Primary School||Friday 31st January|
|Apprentice Joiner||Darlington Borough Council||Friday 31st January||To apply please contact 01325 405601 or email l&[email protected]|
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £3.90 per hour
Number of Posts: 2
Duties: We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to begin their career in education at our school. We wish to appoint two apprentice teaching assistants who will be enthusiastic and hard working. Candidates will need to possess both initiative and sensitivity and be proven effective team members.
- To achieve the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 by attending tutorials and classes and by completing all assignments set
- To raise pupil achievement by supporting the class teacher to develop outstanding practice
- Under supervision, assist with the physical management and personal care needs of children (including basic First Aid, where appropriate)
- To work with individual and groups of children to encourage them to achieve greater independence and self-confidence
- To establish constructive relationships with parents and carers, promoting the school’s policies
- To establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- To promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in the classroom by encouraging them to interact with each other and to engage in activities led by the teacher
- To support the implementation of IEPs, Behaviour Plans, personal care programmes, curriculum planning and assessment
- To evaluate learning and provide feedback to the teacher / parent / agency as needed
Training and Qualifications: You will be expected to attend the training centre periodically to work towards the theory elements of the framework. The other days will be spent working with your employer gaining the skills and knowledge required to complete your NVQ (on the job).
Qualifications you will work towards are:
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (as required)
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Contact: For more information please contact the L&S Employer Engagement Officer, on 01325 405601 or [email protected]
You can apply for an apprenticeship in the following ways:
- Apprenticeship Application Form
(This form will come straight to us once submitted)
- National Apprenticeship Website
[External link] (Use the vacancy number to access the application on the National Apprenticeship website. This form will come straight to us once submitted)
- Application Form
(You will need to email this completed Word document form to l&[email protected] once completed)
For further information please contact us on 01325 405601 or l&[email protected]
Do you have a question about apprenticeships?
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you.