Transport policy and funding bids
Third local transport plan: 2011-2026
An implementation plan has been produced and is agreed by Cabinet on an ongoing basis. The plan will be reviewed as appropriate and developed within the funding allocation from the Department for Transport.
Impact assessments have been carried out on the plan:
- SEA/SA scoping report [pdf document]
- Sustainability appraisal and SEA of Darlington [pdf document]
- Equalities Impact Assessment [pdf document]
- Disability Impact Assessment [pdf document]
Second local transport plan and delivery report
- The Second Local Transport Plan [pdf document] covered the period 2006-2011.
- Delivery report 2008 [pdf document, 1.4mb]
First local transport plan and progress reports
The first local transport plan [pdf document] covered the period 2001-2006.
- Scoping report v3 [pdf document, 715kb]
- 2005 progress report [pdf document]
- 2003 progress report [pdf document]
Local pinch point fund application form
Local pinch point fund application form [pdf document]
Local sustainable transport fund
In April 2011 Darlington submitted a bid to the Department for Transport for funding to develop the Local Motion initiative, with a new focus on public transport, being more inclusive (rural areas, disabled people) and a joint approach with Durham County Council to have a high quality public transport corridor between the two areas, improving access to employment and reducing the carbon emissions from transport.
- Application form for local sustainable transport fund [pdf document]
- Local sustainable transport fund annual report 2011/12 [pdf document, external link]