Transport policy and funding bids
Darlington transport plans (local implementation plan) 2022-2030
You can find the following strategy’s below, alongside a summary document for each, which provides a brief overview of the main document:
- Darlington transport plan 2022-2030,
- Darlington town centre transport plan 2022-2030 and,
- Parking strategy 2022-2030
Darlington transport plan 2022-2030
At the heart of transport are people and services.
Transport moves people and goods where they need to go.
We all rely on transport, and it provides us with opportunities to work, access important services such as education, health and visit people and places.
How we travel will matter even more in the future.
It will matter to our future health, well-being and prosperity and that of our children’s.
Without substantial efforts to curb greenhouse gas emissions over the next decade we are likely to face severe, widespread, and irreversible impacts on our environment and society.
The Darlington transport plan has been developed to address our need to travel and assist the process of reducing our impact on our climate and the wider environment.
It seeks to support sustainable growth of our economy and improve health outcomes.
- Darlington transport plan 2022-2030 - full document [pdf document]
- Darlington transport plan 2022-2030 - summary document [pdf document]
Darlington town centre transport plan 2022-2030
Darlington has ambitious plans for the town centre as set out in the town centre strategy 2019-2030 and the towns fund investment plan.
Transport underpins these developments, enabling people to travel to, from and through the town centre by all modes of transport.
The Darlington town centre transport plan has been produced specifically for the town centre to support these plans.
- Darlington town centre transport plan 2022-2030 - full document [pdf document]
- Darlington town centre transport plan 2022-2030 - summary document [pdf document]
Parking strategy 2022-2030
Good quality parking can support the local economy and the quality of our streets and neighbourhoods.
The Borough has a variety of parking requirements to meet the needs of residents, commuters and visitors, and for different modes including cars, HGV’s, bikes and motorbikes.
We have updated our parking strategy to reflect the proposed transport plans.
- Darlington parking strategy 2022-2030 - full document [pdf document]
- Darlington parking strategy 2022-2030 - summary document [pdf document]
- Equality impact assessment [pdf document]
An implementation plan has been produced and is agreed by Cabinet on an ongoing basis. The plan will be reviewed as appropriate and developed within the funding allocation from the Department for Transport.
Impact assessments have been carried out on the plan:
- SEA/SA scoping report [pdf document]
- Sustainability appraisal and SEA of Darlington [pdf document]
- Equalities Impact Assessment [pdf document]
- Disability Impact Assessment [pdf document]
Third local transport plan: 2011-2026
Second local transport plan and delivery report
- The Second Local Transport Plan [pdf document] covered the period 2006-2011.
- Delivery report 2008 [pdf document, 1.4mb]
First local transport plan and progress reports
The first local transport plan [pdf document] covered the period 2001-2006.
- Scoping report v3 [pdf document, 715kb]
- 2005 progress report [pdf document]
- 2003 progress report [pdf document]
Local pinch point fund application form
Local pinch point fund application form [pdf document]