Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies Generator website

Trade waste and transportation

The civic enforcement team has powers to stop and inspect vehicles and request to check they have the paperwork for carrying waste.

We can issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) of £300 for failing to provide a waste carrier license [external link]. This is required for businesses carrying their own waste and anyone transporting waste for someone else.

If your commercial waste is being collected and disposed of by another company, each load requires a waste transfer note [external link]. The council enforcement officers can request to see your waste transfer note if you fail to provide one you can be issued with an FPN of £300.

Household Waste Recycling Centre HWRC

Domestic waste can be taken to the HWRC but a permit must be obtained before visiting the site. The site is not open to commercial vehicles or traders.

If waste from businesses or landlords is attempted to be left at the HWRC then an enforcement officer will be contacted who is empowered to issue a fine or take the offender to court. Trade and commercial waste must be disposed of through a licensed waste disposal company.

See more information on our Household Waste Recycling Centre.

Install our web app.