Trading Standards provides Darlington businesses with comprehensive and practical advice on how to comply with trading standards and consumer laws.
In the first instance, explore the in-depth guidance below:
- age restricted sales
- consumer rights (including selling methods)
- fair trading (including pricing)
- weights and measures
- other consumer problems
Not found the answer?
If you are a Darlington business, please email us at [email protected].
Are you in dispute with a consumer or another business?
Contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service [external link] or ring them on 0808 223 1133
What is Better Business for All?
The aim of Better Business for All is to bring businesses and regulators together to consider and change how local regulation is delivered and received, with the main benefits of strengthening the relationships that regulatory services have with local businesses and removing regulatory barriers to growth.
Key objectives are to:
- provide advice and support to businesses
- increase business awareness of regulatory officers
- ensure effective co-ordination across regulatory services
- simplify the local regulation system and processes
- establish partnerships between regulatory services and local businesses
Check out theBBfA page on the North East Growth Hub website [external link] and find out about the benefits of engaging with key council services like Trading Standards.
Want to hear what a local business has to say? Paul Sumners, owner of Darlington-based Dr Gus, talks about his experience with Better Business for All.
BBfA Case Study Dr Gus[external link]
Do you want information and advice on how you and your business can stay safe online? Check out the Little Book of Cyber Scams [pdf document].
- Chartered Trading Standards Institute [external link]
- Business is Great [external link]
- Tedco [external link]