Trading Standards give Darlington businesses practical advice about trading standards and consumer law.
- age restricted sales
- consumer rights (including selling methods)
- fair trading (including pricing)
- weights and measures
- other consumer problems
If you are a Darlington business, please email [email protected].
Are you in dispute with a consumer or another business?
Contact the Citizens Advice consumer service [external link] or ring them on 0808 223 1133
Better Business for All
The aim of Better Business for All is to:
- provide advice and support to businesses
- increase business awareness of regulatory officers
- ensure effective co-ordination across regulatory services
- simplify the local regulation system and processes
- establish partnerships between regulatory services and local businesses
Want to hear what a local business has to say?
Paul Sumners, owner of Darlington-based Dr Gus, talks about his experience with Better Business for All.
Do you want information and advice on how you and your business can stay safe online?
Check out the Little Book of Cyber Scams [pdf document].
- Chartered Trading Standards Institute [external link]
- Gov.uk business and self-employed [external link]
- Tedco [external link]