Across Darlington there are a number of digital developments already in place across both the workforce and our providers that support the vision of the Strategy.
The workforce across the service have adopted an agile working approach with the use of technology as an enabler. The workforce is now much more mobile utilising Microsoft teams to engage with service users and stakeholders.
Virtual house training has been implemented across the service. This has increased both the workforce and service users understanding of developments for increased independent living.
Our providers have implemented assistive technologies and through the greater use of wifi in homes can promote other technologies, such as voice activated to tackle loneliness and support independent living.
There remains however a number of key areas to address, and these will be a priority to be addressed as part of this strategy.
- The option for service users to access their records in a manner that is both easy to use and timely
- Sharing of information with partners and stakeholders needs to be seamless
- The development and promotion of a greater number of self-serve service options to give the user choice. These will include assessments, financial assessments and equipment
We remain committed to engaging with our service users to ensure the development of digital technologies are those required by them or their families. We have a number of forums in place where we will continually listen to, and act upon, feedback. These will include:
- Darlington Independent Living Hub
- Learning Impairment Network
- Carers Forum
- Listening Groups
We will use the online feedback data (through the customer satisfaction option) to continually improve our digital offer.