How to get started
Community resilience measures can be as little as designating a point of contact in the parish to receive warnings and messages from emergency services and local authorities. The plan can grow over time to include areas such as:
- An emergency team.
- Community buildings which can be used as emergency evacuation facilities.
- Knowledge of skills and expertise in the community.
- Knowledge of special equipment or vehicles in the community.
- Identification of vulnerable premises and people in the local area.
- Specific actions based on specific risks.
If you need help getting started with your Community Emergency Plan email [email protected].
Where can you get further information?
- Resilience in society: infrastructure, communities and businesses [external link]
- Preparing for emergencies, guide for communities [pdf document]