The purpose of the Schools Admissions Team is to coordinate and allocate school places to children in the primary (4-11 years) and secondary (11-16 years) sector. The team also deals with requests for the transfer of primary and secondary aged pupils.
More information will be made available on these pages when the school admissions procedure is about to begin.
School Admissions Information
If you are seeking independent admissions advice you may wish to contact ACE (Advisory Centre for Education). Telephone 0300 0115 142 (normal opening hours Monday to Wednesday, 10am to 1pm, term time only) or visit the ACE website [external link]
If you are seeking independent support for your admission appeal you may wish to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau. Telephone 01325 256999, email [email protected] or visit the Citizens Advice Bureau website [external link]
Useful information and websites
- Ofsted inspections information [external link]
- Home to school transport
- Livingwell website [external link]
- Government advice on the admission of summer born children [external link]
- Data View [external link] - This is a new digital tool enabling people to compare regional and local performance of schools, further education and childcare providers.
- GOV.UK school admissions [external link] - This is a national website giving detailed information which parents/carers may need when deciding which school(s) to apply for.
- Family information database and school finder [external link] - This website provides a facility for searching for primary and secondary schools. Ofsted information and access to school profiles can also be obtained.
- Parent View [external link] - Parent View gives you the chance to say what you think about your child’s school and to be able to see what other parents have said about a school you may be considering
- Department for Education [external link]
- DfE School and College achievement and attainment tables [external link]